Declaration of Emergency
Sandbagging operations have been suspended, as successful sandbagging efforts have created a large stock of filled sandbags. Residents are still able to obtain sandbags at the Shelvin Woodyard by calling 807-274-9841 ext. 1, for access to the yard between the hours of 8:00AM – 8:00PM, Monday – Sunday. The situation will continue to be monitored and sandbagging efforts will be restarted if necessary.
Thank you to all the volunteers and businesses who assisted with these efforts.
A reminder that the following closures (pedestrian and vehicular) have been implemented:
- Front Street (Williams Avenue to Butler Avenue; Mosher Avenue to Armit Avenue)
- River Front walking path
- Front Street bike path (Williams Avenue to Butler Avenue; Mosher Avenue to Armit Avenue)
- Front Street Playground
- Front Street Fitness Equipment
- Sorting Gap Marina
- Lookout Tower
- The Hallet
- River Front Docks
- Point Park and Seven Oaks (closed to both pedestrian and vehicular traffic)
We thank you for your patience and understanding. Please be assured that we will continue to monitor the situation and work to keep the public informed through 93.1 The Border and our Town of Fort Frances social media
Access to La Verendrye Hospital
Riverside Health Care is still accessible through all entrances.
- 2022-06-08 Press Release (PDF)
- 2022-06-07 Press Release (PDF)
- 2022-06-01 Press Release (PDF)
- 2022-05-24 Press Release (PDF)
- 2022-05-11 Press Release (PDF)
- 2022-04-24 Press Release (PDF)
- 2022-04-23 Press Release (PDF)